SOUNDS OF SUMMER CONCERT SERIES
SOUNDS OF SUMMER CONCERT SERIES — June 7 and 21; July 5, 19 and 26La Palmera is kicking off the Sounds of Summer concert series June 7. Free and open to the public, the five-performance series will feature Coastal Bend bands performing a variety of music on stage in La Palmera’s food court.This summer’s lineup includes a variety of musical genres:
- 6/7 Motif Band – Appearing in local clubs and festivals, the band performs a great mix of popular music including classic rock ’n’ roll, funk, oldies, 70s, 80s, 90s dance, Tejano and cumbias rancheras.
- 6/21 Lyrical Bynge – Professionals by day, rock ‘n’ rollers by night, Coastal Bend residents have likely heard this popular cover band at many local events and venues including Shrimporee, Schlitterbaun, Rock & Ride, Bayfest, and the Cole Park Bay jamming concert series.
- 7/5 Drive – A local favorite, this five-piece band keeps crowds on their feet with big sounds of the 80s, 90s and today.
- 7/19 John Ramirez Band – Based out of South Texas, the group has been picking up steam on the local circuit with the release of the self-produced album, “Prayers to Saint Jude.” With all original material, the group has an innovative and signature sound featuring a blend of classic blues and rock.
- 7/26 The OddFellas – Self-described as “Makers of Music. Creators of Sound. Fellas of Odd.” and drawing inspiration from musicians such as Bruno Mars, Jason Mraz, Steve Wonder, Coldplay and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, this pop fusion group are regulars on the Corpus Christi music scene.